Let the adventure continue! apply your scuba skills as you
explore new dive sites and activities under the supervision and
continuing training of your NAUI Instructor. Learn which diving
specialties interest you, and what type of diving you enjoy most.
Gain more confidence and capability. Begin to consider the direction
diving will take you, as you go for everything it has to offer.
This course is a continuing education certification course
for certified divers. It is an enjoyable program of continued
supervised experience designed to introduce divers to a variety
of diving activities and to be taught entirely in an open water
setting. Upon successful completion of this course, graduates
are considered competent to engage in open water diving activities
without supervision, provided the diving activities and the areas
dived approximate those of training. This course is appropriate
for divers who:
- Desire additional training.
- Have moved from one diving area to another and desire local
- Do not have, but wish to obtain, NAUI certification.
- Desire orientation to a variety of diving sites and conditions.
OPEN WATER DIVES
A minimum of six open water dives is required. A maximum of
three dives per day shall be applied toward course requirements.
At least two dives are to be deeper than 20 feet (6 m).
The required dive topic areas listed represents three separate
dives of the minimum six required. The remaining dives can be
combined or split as needed to fit the situation and meet student
needs provided at least six separate dives are made:
- Night or low visibility diving
- Deep diving (130 feet/40 meters maximum depth)
- Search and recovery
- Boat diving
- Light salvage
- Hunting and collecting
- Exploration and underwater mapping
- Non-penetration wreck diving
- Observation and data collection
- Diving in surf or currents
- Altitude diving
- Salt water diving (in areas where most diving is in fresh
- Fresh water diving (in areas where most diving is in salt
- Shore diving
- Diving for photos or video
- Using dive computers
PREREQUISITES FOR ENTERING THE COURSE
- Age. Minimum is 15 years. (Junior certification
for ages 12 -14 years is allowed. See Policies Applying
to All Courses: Age, Junior Certification.)
- Dive Certification. Certification as a scuba
diver by a NAUI recognized agency is required. The instructor
is to carefully screen and evaluate all prospective students
to assure that they understand diving safety and possess the
necessary skills to participate. Curriculum and skills from other
NAUI courses shall be used to evaluate and improve the divers
knowledge and proficiency if necessary.
- Equipment. Students shall furnish and be responsible
for the care and maintenance of their own diving equipment. The
instructor shall initially assist the student in checking all
student gear to insure it is adequate and in proper working order.